Cardboard is the ideal material for a lightweight, 100% eco-friendly printed product. There are seven different types of material to choose from, with a range of thicknesses to satisfy every need. Cardboard is perfect for indoor signage and shop and window displays, as well as unconventional and easily transportable furniture.
- Various materials and thicknesses
- Custom or standard sizes
- Cut square or to shape
- From 10 x 10 cm
Find out how to dispose of this material correctly - Explore
Cardboard printing for custom cardboard signs
Cardboard printing is a popular choice for custom cardboard signs as it is a lightweight material that is easy to manoeuvre and transport. Therefore, if you are creating indoor displays for your trade fair stand, cardboard signs are easy to move around, hang and pack up when finished. Cardboard sign printing is also an eco-friendly choice as the cardboard is fully recyclable, so you are also doing your bit for the environment by choosing this material.
Pixartprinting’s cardboard signs are available in seven different types of cardboard and 11 formats, but you can also fully customise the size and shape. So, if you have a promotion or launch coming up or want to decorate your shop or café, get creative and print your logo, images or message on custom cardboard signs.
Which materials are available with cardboard printing?
With our cardboard sign printing service, there are seven different types of cardboard to choose from. We break them down here but you can click on the material on the order form to find out more.
- White honeycomb cardboard 10 mm: a rigid and durable cardboard panel consisting of two layers of extra-thick kraft cardboard on the outside with a honeycomb core
- Dispa® 3.8 mm: a lightweight but resistant white cardboard panel with double-flute core
- Board coated on one side 550 gsm: a 100% cellulose cardboard panel that produces high-quality prints
- Compact pressboard 1.6 mm: a durable yet thin white pressed cardboard panel
- White cardboard E flute 1.4 mm: a very thin, single-flute cardboard panel with smooth white surfaces
- Doublewall E+E Flute white cardboard 2.3 mm: a double-flute panel with smooth white surfaces designed for indoor posters
- Microtriplo E+B flute white cardboard 4 mm: a corrugated cardboard panel with smooth white surfaces and a double-flute cardboard core. Also designed for indoor posters but more durable and rigid than the Double Wall E+E flute white cardboard.
Please note that none of these materials are recommended for outdoor use.
Cardboard printing formats
Choose from a variety of different formats for your cardboard signs or customise the dimensions yourself by selecting the custom format. Here are the pre-defined options available if you do not want to set your own:
- 50 x 70 cm
- 70 x 50 cm
- 70 x 100 cm
- 100 x 70 cm
- 100 x 140 cm
- 140 x 100 cm
- 50 x 50 cm
- 70 x 70 cm
- 100 x 100 cm
- 110 x 110 cm
- 140 x 140 cm
Cardboard printing with your choice of cut and varnish
The standard cut of our cardboard signs is rectangular with straight edges. However, you are free to define your own shaped cut for different shapes. There is an optional scratch-resistant varnish that you can add to your new cardboard signs to protect the print from scratches, which may be particularly useful if you will be moving and transporting cardboard displays regularly or if you want the sign to last indefinitely.
Ordering cardboard printing online
The cardboard sign printing order form is clearly divided into steps to make it easy to follow:
- Step 1: configure the product by selecting your preferred customisation options.
- Step 2: enter your desired quantity and select a price and delivery date. Then, choose how you want to create your print file. You can upload your own file, create the artwork online using our free Designer tool or purchase one of our Design Services. With the latter, one of our graphic designers can create your artwork for you from scratch or amend your existing artwork.
- Step 3: download the template and instructions to ensure that the project runs smoothly.
- Step 4: add the print job to your basket and complete your purchase!
If you have any problems or questions, our Customer Support team is on hand to help seven days a week.
If you are also considering creating signage and displays made from other materials, take a look at our Rigid Media page to see the full range of materials available. Aluminium is a stylish choice that is also weather-resistant so suitable for outdoor use, while Plexiglass is a shatterproof material that creates a striking look. Explore all the options available to complement your cardboard sign printing.