Special Finish Hardback
Special finish hardback books are the perfect choice for durable and authoritative yet refined publications. Enhance your design with a choice of gold or silver foil or 3D varnish and make the most of the various lamination options: opt for a gloss or matt effect or choose soft-touch lamination for a sophisticated tactile result.
– Five different sizes – Six paper types available
Find out how to dispose of this material correctly - Explore
Binding with special finish hardback cover
With Pixartprinting, you can print books or catalogues with a special finish hardback cover. Special finishes allow you to highlight certain details of the artwork, such as the title of the book or the image on the cover. Resistant, durable and authoritative, hardback books are the ideal solution for all kinds of needs: company catalogues, prestigious publications, photo collections, university dissertations or novels. Print your publishing product in small quantities too, from as little as one copy! You can do so in just a few clicks on this page.
Custom hardback cover with special finishes
At Pixartprinting, “customisation” is the name of the game. We offer a wide range of configuration options to create the product you want: format, number of pages, paper for the pages and cover, lamination and special finishes. Special finishes allow you to highlight certain details of the cover. You can choose 3D varnish to give the print a 3D effect or gold or silver foil to make certain details shine. Your books with a special finish hardback cover will have a premium, elegant look.
Our tips for your special finish cover
You can tell us which parts of the artwork to apply the special finish to using the dedicated layer on the print file. Download the Template and use it to set up your file:
- The artwork in the Finishing layer must not contain gradients, halftone screens or transparency, must consist of vector graphics and must use the Finishing colour swatch.
- You can make the finishes any shape you like, giving you more creative freedom.
- We recommend using a font size of at least 10 pt and a line weight of at least 1 pt.
- Finally, we recommend avoiding placing finishes over creases, to prevent the varnish or coating from breaking.